Pick Your Own Christmas Tree
With the Christmas tree taking centre stage in your celebrations, choosing your Pines and Needles Christmas tree should never be a chore.
Whether in person or by our team, it’s all about the holy trinity - smell, touch and colour.
Visit one of our pop up stores, pick your own tree and enjoy the Pines and Needles shopping experience.....
Chances are we’ve been looking after your tree for seven years - that’s how long it takes to grow a fine 6ft specimen.
- The Christmas tree life-cycle starts in our plantation in the Scottish Highlands.
- Seeds are carefully propagated in nursery beds where they spend the first three years of their lives.
- The saplings, healthy from the rich environment, are planted out and lovingly nurtured, pruned and shaped over the next four years.
Our dedicated team of planters, pruners, choppers and deliverers know how vital the tree is to your Christmas celebrations. We won’t let you down!
THIS IS HOW EASY IT IS:
- It’s all in the colour - needles should be dark green on a Nordmann Fir and, if you look closely, it has a signature two tone colouring.
- If you run your hand down a branch of a Nordmann Fir tree it should retain most of its needles
- Check that it is freshly cut - our trees are cut at the farm then freshly cut again prior to delivery from our hub or stores, enabling them to soak up the water you put them in.
- The classic Norway Spruce tree is much lighter than its fir counterpart and boasts a more traditional shape. It should also boast that intense ‘Christmas tree smell’
- Here at Pines and Needles every tree is quality checked to ensure it lives up to your standards AND ours. If they don’t make the grade it’s off to the chipper because we would rather recycle than sell it
- From forest to living room is a big change. You’d need looking after too. That’s why we recommend using water-holding stands to prolong the trees look and life!
- Our pot grown Fraser Fir trees come in plastic pots with holes. We advise transferring into another container or plant pot to take care of the roots and allow watering with ease