As part of our COVID-19 Safe & Healthy Return to Work process, we have conducted a comprehensive business risk assessment in consultation with our employees and put in place a number of stringent control measures to ensure that our delivery and installation teams and you, our customers plus the general public are protected from virus transmission.
These measures, which are compliant with the UK Government's current guidelines for a 'COVID-19 Secure Employer', have been specifically designed to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and reduce related risks across all areas of our business. These measures include:
Onsite Measures To Protect Our Delivery Drivers, Tree Installers And Our Customers:
PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) - These include: masks, nitrile disposable gloves, safety glasses and disposable boot/shoe covers
Social distancing - Strict social distancing guidelines are in place to ensure at least 2 metres between our staff and customers
Hygiene items - These include: anti-bacterial wipes & sanitiser to wash hands thoroughly before and after visits
New and updated procedures - via method statements, risk assessments and training. Further details available on request.
Travelling to site - to protect our staff and the general public
Hygienic travelling practices - our guidelines include:
- Avoiding any unnecessary travel
- Use of disposable gloves and sanitiser for refuelling company vehicles
- Avoiding unnecessary visits to fuel stations
- Paying contactless where possible
- Company vehicles stocked with a sanitiser, anti-bacterial wipes and a 3 day supply of PPE.
At our Distribution and Call Centre - to protect our staff
Social Distancing - Strict social distancing guidelines are in place to maintain at least two metres between colleagues. A one-way flow system is implemented with appropriate visual aids and signage.
PPE - Face masks are provided to all our staff. For active roles such as the loading and unloading of vehicles or warehouse activities where 2m separation is difficult PPE will be provided in addition to other separation measures.
Start/Finish and other break times - Staggered start and finish and break times ensure that people are apart during building entry and exit and not in close contact during breaks.
Strict Hygiene measures include:
- Hygiene training and guidance and refreshers
- Regular hand washing and surface cleaning (all materials provided)
- Hand shaking and gatherings at work are prohibited
Travel guidelines include:
- Only essential business related travel is allowed
- All non-essential meetings should be by a digital conference facility i.e. Zoom
- All employees are encouraged to avoid public transport using alternative methods of travel and cycling/walking to work is positively encouraged
- Masks will be provided to those that cannot avoid using public transport
Illness - Staff are encouraged not to leave home if they or any member of their household show any COVID-19 related symptoms, including a high temperature.
Our Safe & Healthy work guidelines have been formulated in consultation with our employees and partners, and in compliance with the UK Government’s latest official guidance.
Official advice via UK Government and devolved public health agencies is monitored regularly for latest details and best practice shared with employees relevant to their roles and locations. Our employees are kept fully briefed and up to date with latest COVID-19 advice on staying protected through regular communication.